Arguably the most famous motorcycle brand in the world, Harley-Davidson will be the reason that many bikers chose two wheels over four in the first place. Founded in 1903, Harley-Davidson has over 100 years of experience, and should need no introduction by now!
Harleys have a legacy of classic heavyweight cruisers, famed for the modifications that gave rise to the chopper style, and one of the strongest biker communities around. Owning a Harley-Davidson is a way of life for all those who have chosen one – the Great American Freedom Machine really is something else. That’s why you need great value motorbike insurance cover that provides the care it demands.
Read on to find out more about Harley-Davidson insurance and how Carole Nash can help you find the policy that provides the perfect protection for your pride and joy.
Whatever the model, Harley insurance policies through Carole Nash come with plenty
of benefits as standard, so you’ll never find yourself stranded:
- Unlimited accessory cover
- Up to 10% off for insurance-approved security
- Carole Nash Rider Cover could allow you to ride your mate’s bike as long as both are covered by comprehensive policies
- European cover for up to 90 days
- Up to £100,000 legal expenses cover after accidents that aren’t your fault
- UK and European breakdown cover including Homestart assistance worth £100
There are three standard levels of Harley insurance for you to choose from, depending on the degree of protection you want to provide for your machine:
- Third-party: A relatively basic level of Harley motorcycle insurance, only offering cover for damage to a third party’s vehicle or property in any accidents where you are at fault.
- Third-party, fire and theft: As well as providing protection against damage to another person’s vehicle or property, this type of policy also offers cover if your bike suffers fire damage or is stolen.
- Comprehensive: The highest level of Harley-Davidson motorbike insurance, offering protection for all of the above as well as any accidental damage to your own machine.
There are some circumstances which would mean your Harley insurance policy has been invalidated. These include any accident, injury, loss or damage that occurs when the bike is:
- Being ridden by someone who is not entitled to do so under the certificate of motor insurance
- Being ridden by someone who does not have the appropriate licence
- Being used to carry pillions/goods in a manner that is likely to affect its safe driving
Please note that these are only a few examples of why your Harley insurance would not pay out. For a full list of the exclusions, please see your policy wording.
There are many factors that can affect your Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance quote, so it’s very difficult to offer a single answer to that question. The price of your premium will vary depending on the level of cover you select, the age and model of your bike as well as how and where it is stored when not out on the road.
The easiest way to find out how much Harley-Davidson insurance costs is to get a free quote from Carole Nash.
How can I lower the cost of my Harley insurance?
Harley-Davidsons are beautiful, valuable machines – but that doesn’t mean that your insurance policy has to cost you the earth. There are a few things you can do that may help to lower the price of your premium:
- Be sure to calculate your yearly mileage accurately by reviewing previous MOTs
- Keep your bike in a secure lock-up such as a garage or shed
- Enrol in approved training courses to improve your riding as some insurance providers offer discounts
- Ensure your cover remains in place all year round, to build up your no-claims bonus
First of all, there’s no need for you to fret! Accidents happen, and our team are here to set your mind at ease. A key part of our Harley-Davidson insurance services is our 24/7 specialist claims line, so all you have to do is call 0333 005 2244 and we’ll be there waiting on the other end of the phone.
There are no forms or paperwork for you to fill out, and we’ll do everything we can to ensure your Harley insurance claim is processed as quickly and smoothly as possible.
We offer comprehensive Harley-Davidson insurance services, and we are fully committed to finding you the very best deal to protect your pride and joy. Here are just some of the reasons why you should choose us:
- We’ve been helping our customers find Harley-Davidson insurance for more than 30 years, so rest assured we know our stuff.
- We know bikes and we understand their riders. We appreciate that Harley insurance is a very specific form of cover, and our specialist team will help you find the ideal solution.
- Our excellent work has seen us scoop a number of industry awards and commendations down the years.
- We’re fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, so you can be safe in the knowledge you’re dealing with a reputable broker.
- We value our customers, who have left us a number of glowing testimonials, while we also boast thousands of positive reviews on Trustpilot.