At Carole Nash, we're proud to be one of the leading Motorcycle Insurance brokers in the UK, providing policies to riders for decades. Since 1985, we’ve been helping our customers find the Bike Insurance quotes that are right for them, using a trusted panel of some of the UK’s biggest motorcycle insurers.
Being part of the biking community is very important to us, which is why we attend dozens of annual shows in the UK and Ireland. For more than 30 years, our passion and knowledge of the biking industry has grown, and we understand that riding isn’t just a way to travel – it’s a way of life.
Our motorbike insurances
Our Classic motorcycle insurances
Motorbike Insurance specialists
It doesn’t matter whether you’re riding a classic motorcycle, a modern superbike, a custom-built model, a bike for touring or an inner-city scooter; we are the specialist motorcycle insurance provider, able to arrange cover for almost all types of motorbikes.
As experts in all things bike insurance, we can give you total peace of mind in knowing you’re being looked after by people who understand bikers. Our years of extensive experience allow us to make the whole process as simple as possible for you.
So don’t delay – get a quick and easy bike insurance quote online with Carole Nash today.
Or, if you’d prefer to speak to one of our experienced and friendly motorcycle insurance specialists, please give us a ring on 0333 005 3355. We are ready and on hand to help you.
Which Motorbike Insurance policy should I buy?
Buying motorcycle insurance can seem like a confusing task, but we want to make it as simple as possible. There are three different types of cover:
- Third-party only
- Third-party, fire and theft
A third-party only policy is the most basic level of motorbike insurance. This gives you the minimum level of cover needed to ride on the road. It provides insurance against a third party’s vehicle or property if you are involved in an accident where you are at fault. There is no cover for fire damage, theft or accidental damage to your own motorcycle.
Third-party, fire and theft
Third-party, fire and theft motorcycle insurance provides the same cover as third-party only but lets you claim for fire damage or theft of your motorcycle.
Fully comprehensive bike insurance is the highest level of cover you can buy for your motorcycle. It provides all the cover of the above plus protection for your own bike if you accidentally damage it.
What if I need to claim on my motorbike insurance?
First of all, there’s no need for you to worry. Our claims team is on hand to help things move as efficiently as possible. There are no forms to fill in and our claims line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week – all you have to do is call 0333 005 2244.
Every claim is different, and the time it takes to resolve each one may vary, but rest assured our expert team will ensure the process moves as smoothly as it can. If your motorcycle is involved in an incident – even if you don’t intend to make a claim – you should let us know what’s happened, as this is a condition of your insurance.
Why would my bike insurance not pay out?
There are some instances which may invalidate your motorcycle insurance. These include, but are not limited to, any liability, accident, injury, loss or damage that occurs when the bike is:
- In the charge of anyone not entitled to ride it as described by the certificate of motor insurance
- Being ridden by someone who does not have driving licence
- Being used to carry passengers/goods in a way likely to affect the safe driving of the bike
These are just some of the situations that may mean you are not covered by your bike insurance. For a full list of the exclusions, please see your policy wording.
What comes with a motorcycle insurance policy as standard?
We’ll give you accident and breakdown recovery anywhere in the EU and provide up to £100,000 in motorcycle legal expenses cover, which can be used in the event of an accident which is not your fault. See our benefits explained in the video below.
Rider Cover is an addition to your policy that allows you to ride your mate’s bike for social, domestic and pleasure use with total peace of mind because we’ve got it covered! As long as you have the owner’s permission and both bikes have comprehensive cover, you can ride any motorcycle, which gives you FREE accidental damage cover when riding that bike. This is subject to meeting the underwriting criteria.
What additional cover options are available?
As well as being dedicated to finding you the most competitive bike insurance quotes and providing you with the right policy, we also offer a range of additional cover.
If you want to top up your policy with extra protection and further put your mind at ease, you can choose from a number of different options:
- Personal Accident cover up to £21,000
- Helmet & Leathers cover up to £1,500
- Excess Protection cover up to £500
How can I lower the cost of my bike insurance?
It all depends on your motorcycle. For example, if yours has a powerful engine, then your motorbike insurance is likely to have a higher premium.
However, this doesn’t mean that your motorcycle insurance has to be expensive, as there are ways you can lower the cost:
- Accurately calculate your miles every year by looking at past MOTs.
- Lock your bike up and keep it in a garage or shed when you aren’t riding.
- Improve your riding by going through an approved motorcycle training course, as you could earn discounts of up to 10% with some insurers.
- Keep your motorcycle insurance in place all year round to build up your no claims discount.
- Use physical security such as a chain to deter thieves.
These are just a few ways to reduce the cost of your bike insurance, and you can find more information in our money saving tips guide.
Give one of our specialists a call on 0333 005 3355 to see if we can lower the cost of your motorcycle insurance, or get a quote by simply filling out our form.
Why should I choose Carole Nash to insure my motorbike?These are just some of the reasons why we’re one of the top motorcycle insurance specialists in the UK:
- We’ve been providing motorbike insurance for over 30 years, so you can be sure that we know our stuff.
- We boast a rating of ‘Great’ from over 7,500 reviews on Trustpilot, and our customer testimonials show exactly why we come so highly recommended.
- Our excellent work providing motorbike insurance to thousands of riders down the years has been rewarded with a number of awards and commendations.
- We understand that your motorcycle is your prized possession and that you may be after a very specific form of cover. Fear not – our depth of expertise means we are perfectly placed to cater to your needs.
- Our team have an extensive understanding of the biking community and its particular requirements when it comes to providing adequate protection.
The most popular bike insurance related questions we get asked
We understand that taking out motorbike insurance can seem like a complicated process, and it’s only natural that you may have queries. Here are some of the questions we get asked most often when it comes to motorcycle insurance, the different types, its cost, riding abroad, and more.
Standard benefits of Carole Nash motorbike insurance
Whatever the model, motorcycle insurance policies from Carole Nash offer plenty of benefits as standard, providing you with that all-important peace of mind: