Starting out in 1926 as a radio manufacturer, the Ducati family entered the bike world with motorised bicycles in the 1950s. Soon expanding its range to motorcycles, Ducati made its mark with the Mach 1, the fastest 250cc road bike available at the time. Ducati is now known for its high-performance machines favoured by Superbike World Championship winners.
As one of the UK’s leading motorbike insurance experts, you can rely on Carole Nash to find the Ducati insurance that’s tailored to your model. Whether you’re the proud owner of a powerful Ducati Streetfighter or favour the simplicity that lets you modify your Ducati Monster, we’ve got you covered.
Read on to find out more about Ducati bike insurance and how we can help you find the right protection for your prized possession.
Whatever the model, all Ducati insurance policies through Carole Nash come with plenty of benefits as standard:
- European cover for up to 90 days
- UK and European accident and breakdown recovery, including Homestart assistance, worth £100 when compared to other providers
- Unlimited accessory cover
- Up to 10% off for insurance-approved security
- Carole Nash Rider Cover, which could allow you to ride a friend’s bike[SK1][HW2] as long as both are covered by a comprehensive policy
- Up to £100,000 in legal expenses cover for accidents that aren’t your fault
When you take out Ducati insurance, there are three standard levels of cover available to you:
- Third-party: This form of Ducati insurance will only cover you for any damage to a third party’s property or vehicle.
- Third-party, fire and theft: This type of policy protects you if your bike is stolen or suffers fire damage, as well as offering cover against damage to a third party.
- Comprehensive: The greatest level of protection. This form of Ducati bike insurance covers you for all of the above, plus any accidental damage to your machine.
There are some instances which will invalidate your Ducati bike insurance, and it’s important that you’re aware of what these are so that you can take to the road with complete confidence and clarity. For example, you will not be covered for any damage, loss, injury or accident that happens as a result of:
- The bike being ridden by someone without the appropriate licence
- The bike being in the charge of someone who is not entitled to ride it under the certificate of insurance
- The bike being used to carry goods or passengers in a way that will impact its safe riding
The above are only some examples of events which could invalidate your Ducati motorbike insurance. For a full list of exclusions, please be sure to check your policy wording.
Unfortunately, it’s difficult for us to provide you with a simple answer to this question, as there are many factors that can affect the price of your premium. How much you pay for your Ducati insurance will depend on the age and model of the bike, the level of cover you choose and the security measures you have in place, among other things.
The easiest way to find out how much Ducati insurance costs is to get a free quote from us in a matter of moments.
How can I lower the cost of my Ducati bike insurance?
You don’t need us to tell you that a Ducati is a premium machine. But that doesn’t mean you have to pay premium prices for your cover. There are a few things you can do that might help you reduce the cost of your Ducati insurance:
- Keep your policy in place all year round to help you build up your no-claims discount
- When not out on the road, lock your bike up in a secure location such as a shed or garage
- Be sure to calculate your mileage accurately by reviewing previous MOT records
- Take additional courses to improve your riding, as some insurers offer discounts to those with extra training
If something does happen and you need to claim on your Ducati motorcycle insurance, there’s no need to worry. All you have to do is call our specialist claims line on 0333 005 2244. It’s open 24 hours a day, seven days a week – so rest assured we’ll be there when you need us.
There’ll be no paperwork or fiddly forms for you to fill out and a member of our dedicated, friendly team will work to ensure your Ducati insurance claim goes through as smoothly as possible.
When you come to Carole Nash, we will do everything we can to help you find the very best deal on Ducati motorcycle insurance. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose us:
- Our team has specialist knowledge and understanding of bikes and their riders, so we can help you secure a Ducati insurance policy that’s tailored to your needs.
- We put our customers first and it’s an approach that’s paid off, with thousands of glowing testimonials and positive reviews on Trustpilot.
- Our work has also been recognised across the industry with a number of awards and accolades down the years.
- We’ve been providing our customers with Ducati bike insurance for more than 30 years, so you can be safe in the knowledge that we know what we’re talking about.
- And you can rely on us as being a reputable broker – we’re fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.