Performance Classic Car Insurance
Getting behind the wheel of a performance classic car is all you need to confirm that they just don’t make them like they used to. That’s why so many dedicated drivers have stuck with them over the years, despite the problems that sometimes come with getting them on the road.
Insurers will want to know a bit more about your driving experience and how you plan to protect your vehicle, particularly for higher-value models worth more than £100,000. However, at Carole Nash, we’re committed to making sure that finding great value performance classic car insurance is hassle-free. That way, nothing will detract from the thrill of driving these incredible motors.
Read on to find out more about insurance for performance classic cars and how Carole Nash can help you take out the cover you need.
To get great value on your performance classic car, you’ll need a policy that offers you protection and peace of mind whilst enjoying your ride. When you take out a policy through Carole Nash, you’ll receive all this as standard:
- UK and EU breakdown cover including Homestart assistance. Please note that for this to apply outside the UK you will need a Green Card, which we can supply for you
- Option to choose a trusted repairer
- European cover for up to 90 days with a Green Card
- Up to £100,000 of legal expenses cover if you’re in an accident that isn’t your fault
- Agreed value
Just like their drivers, all vintage performance cars are unique and it’s important that you find a policy that reflects how you plan to use your vehicle. There are a few different types of performance auto insurance:
- Laid up: If you don’t have any plans to take your vehicle out on the road for the foreseeable future, this could be the perfect policy for you.
- Third-party: This form of performance classic car insurance only offers protection for any damage you cause to another party’s vehicle or property.
- Third-party, fire and theft: On top of third-party cover, this policy provides protection in the event of your vehicle being stolen or suffering fire damage.
- Comprehensive: The most robust level of performance classic car insurance, covering all of the above as well as insuring you for any accidental damage to your vehicle.
As with any policy, there are some exclusions that apply to your performance car insurance. It’s important that you know what these are so that you can get the most out of your pride and joy while knowing you are fully protected. For example, you will not be covered for any liability, accident, injury, loss or damage that occurs when:
- Your car is driven by someone who does not hold a valid driving licence
- Your car is being used to tow a caravan, trailer or other vehicle for a payment
- Your car is being used to carry goods or passengers in a way that is likely to affect its safe driving
Please note that the above are just a few examples of instances that would invalidate your performance classic car insurance. For a full list of exclusions, please see your policy wording.
It’s very difficult to offer one set answer to this question. All performance cars are different, which means their premiums are too. Your performance car insurance quote is likely to vary based on a number of factors, such as the make and model of your vehicle, its age and how it is stored when not on the road, to name just a few.
To give you an idea, why not call us today and we’ll be able to provide a free, no-obligation performance classic car insurance quote in a matter of minutes.
How can I lower the cost of my performance classic car insurance?
Vehicles like these are a joy to drive, offering a thrill that a standard family car just cannot provide. But the exceptional quality of these models doesn’t have to mean that your performance car insurance costs the earth. There are a few things you can do that might help reduce the price of your premium:
- Use another car for daily journeys
- Maintain a low annual mileage, usually under 5,000 miles
- Keep your vehicle securely stored in a garage or specialist lock-up
Taking out insurance for performance classic cars through Carole Nash means gaining access to our 24/7 specialist claims line, so you’ll be able to contact us at any time. If something does go wrong and you need to make a claim, don’t worry. All you have to do is call 0333 005 2244 and a member of our friendly team will be waiting at the other end of the line.
There will be no paperwork or forms for you to fill out, and we’ll ensure your performance car insurance claim gets processed as quickly as possible.
When you come to Carole Nash, we’ll do everything we can to help you find the very best performance car insurance deal. Here are just some of the reasons why we’re regarded as one of the UK’s leading performance car insurance brokers:
- We always put our customers first and it’s an approach that pays off, with thousands of positive reviews on Trustpilot as well as countless glowing testimonials.
- Our team are performance classic car insurance specialists – they understand these vehicles and the people who drive them.
- With more than 30 years’ experience in the industry, you can rest assured we’ve seen it all when it comes to providing insurance for performance classic cars.
- Our stellar work has seen us pick up a number of industry awards down the years.
- We are fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, so you can come to us safe in the knowledge that we are wholly reputable performance classic car insurance brokers.