Modern Classic Car Insurance
Classic cars tend to appeal to their owners in various ways. Whether that’s through their design, performance and handling, or simply the exclusivity of driving a vehicle that is rarely seen on UK roads today. That’s why finding the right protection for your pride and joy is our main priority.
If you have a vehicle that’s not yet old enough to be deemed a classic, then you may have what is generally known as a modern or future classic car. You might use it as a secondary vehicle, or perhaps it forms part of a wider collection that includes older classics. Whatever your situation, here at Carole Nash we want to help you find the right modern classic car insurance policy to provide that all-important peace of mind.
Most traditional classics are over 15 years old. However, for a classic car to be tax-exempt then it must be at least 40 years old.
So, if your vehicle is less than 15 years old but boasts qualities such as rarity or a particularly unique and attractive design, it could be that you have a future or modern classic car on your hands.
There are a number of modern classics that range from affordable sports cars to high-performance super cars. Examples of possible modern or future classic cars include:
- Porsche 911
- Mazda MX-5
- Aston Martin DB7
- Lotus Elise S1
- Toyota MR2
- TVR Tuscan
- BMW Z4
- Honda Civic Type R
- Alfa Romeo 166
- Audi R8
No matter what the make or model of your pride and joy, our job is to find the modern classic car insurance that suits you and your vehicle perfectly.
Future classic cars are different from your typical vehicles because the chances are they won’t be used on an everyday basis. Instead, they tend to be driven for pleasure – such as when the weather is good or to show off at events. All of which means their annual mileage is likely to be lower.
On top of that, modifications and repairs are not always straightforward. Sometimes, they need very specific care and attention, and a modern classic car insurance policy can provide the perfect protection.
Our modern classic car insurance policies come with the following benefits as standard:
- UK and European breakdown and accident recovery, including Homestart (worth over £100 when compared to other providers). Please note that for recoveries outside the UK you will need a Green Card, which we can provide
- Salvage retention rights – if your car is declared a total loss following a claim, you could have the option of buying the remaining salvage from the vehicle
- Up to 15% discount for club members
- European cover for up to 90 days with a Green Card
- Up to £100,000 legal expenses cover if you’re in an accident that’s not your fault
- You can choose your own specialist repairer
There are some exclusions that apply on policies for future classic cars. For example, you will not be covered for:
- General wear and tear
- Loss of value
- Damage to the tyres from braking, punctures, bursts or cuts
- Damage or loss that occurs when your vehicle is driven by someone without a valid licence
Like their owners, all future classic cars are different, which means the cost of insuring them can also vary. However, the good news is that most modern classic insurance policies tend to be cheaper than standard cover for everyday vehicles.
That’s because future classics are driven less frequently and their owners usually take greater care of them. As a result, they’re seen as less of a risk by insurers, which means premiums are often lower. To find out how much modern classic insurance could cost you, why not get in touch with Carole Nash for a quote today.
We all want the best deal when it comes to taking out insurance, and there are a few things you can do that might help reduce the price of protecting your future classic car:
- Use another vehicle for your everyday journeys such as going to work or to the shops
- Keep your future classic car on a private driveway or in a secure building such as a garage
- Maintain a low annual mileage, up to 5,000 miles per annum
If something happens to your future classic car, there’s no need to worry – we’re here to help. Our claims line is open 24/7 and all you have to do is call 0333 005 2244. There are no forms for you to fill out and our friendly, expert team will be on hand to guide you through every step of the process.
Future classic cars need plenty of looking after, and so do their owners. At Carole Nash, that’s what we’re all about, and here are just a few reasons why you should choose us:
- We appreciate future classic cars and what makes them distinctive, which means we understand the kind of specialist insurance you need.
- With more than 30 years in the industry, we have a wealth of experience when it comes to finding the very best policies for our customers.
- Our customer commitment and the level of protection and service we offer has seen us win a number of awards and accolades down the years – further evidence that what we do is appreciated elsewhere.
- And that’s certainly true of our customers, who have left us thousands of glowing testimonials and positive reviews on Trustpilot.
- We’re authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, so you can relax safe in the knowledge that you’re dealing with a fully reputable company.